I recently traveled to Washington, DC to deliver the results of Truth In Action Ministries’ 2014 Spiritual State of the Nation survey to leaders with the help of George Roller and the D. James Kennedy Center for Christian Statesmanship.
Religious freedom issues are of particular concern this year, with 99% of respondents agreeing that Christians in the military should be free to practice and express their faith, 98 % saying students have the right to pray in public school, and 97% believing that public display of the Ten Commandments should be protected. Thank you for participating; your voice is being heard.
These results were sent to major political leaders, including the president on down, and major media outlets.
In our letter to these leaders, we wrote: “Our hope is that this annual gauge of Christian pro-family opinion will serve to better inform you about the deeply-held convictions of evangelicals on a wide range of moral, social, and economic concerns.”
Of the more than 4,300 people from across America who answered the survey:
• 99 percent say Christians in the military should be free to practice and express their faith
• 98 percent believe students have the right to pray in public school and related events.
• 97 percent believe radical Islam poses a threat to America.
• 97 percent believe public display of the Ten Commandments should be protected.
• 96 percent are concerned about the biblical view of marriage being labeled “hate speech.”
• 94 percent believe the Affordable Care Act should be repealed.
• 94 percent believe the American government should continue to support Israel.
• 2 percent believe the U.S. should be subject to the authority of the United Nations.
• 1 percent believe organizations like Planned Parenthood should receive federal funding.
We added, “We’re grateful to you for taking the time to become better acquainted with what evangelicals think about issues of central importance in this critical election year.”
We should pray for America. Many of us are convinced that our only real hope is a national revival. Meanwhile, as long as we have the chance to speak out, may God enable us to do so. Thanks to all our supporters for participating, to help your voice get heard.